News from Parish Council –
- School enrollment for next year currently stands at 211 which is 25 short of the needed level. Competition from charter schools and the school consolidation in Akron is reducing the number of potential students. Please spread the word about the Ed-Choice scholarships that are available.
- A small area of flooring in Mary’s alcove needs to be repaired before the new piano can be set in place.
- The theme for this year’s picnic is “Building the City of God”. There will be a Medieval setting complete with roving jugglers, minstrels, and magicians. 10:30 Mass will be followed by a 30 minute concert featuring our new pipe organ and then the picnic.
- This fall a new program called “Joyful Hearts Hospitality” will be led by Carolyn King. The plan is to have different hospitality events once a month.
- The 6 ministry area survey has been tallied and will be used to help the pastoral parish council develop a strategic plan to define 2-3 goals from which specific activities/programs can be identified and put into action.
- The lights in the sanctuary will be replaced soon by and electrical contractor. Also, the gates and the fencing around the parking lot will be refurbished.